[pccgrads] Job : Univ. Bristol Geodesy Lecturer (i.e. Asst. Prof)

UW PCC uwpcc at uw.edu
Tue Jul 5 09:53:25 PDT 2016

Here’s another good job post here in Bristol (Lecturer = Asst. Prof) - with a very broad topic umbrella! As always, I’m happy to answer questions for folks and would love to have another PCC colleague to collaborate with here. I think this is the sort of post that has potential to turn into a permanent position or be a great jumping off point to another faculty post.

Hope you’re well!

Twila

Begin forwarded message:

Lecturer in Geodesy

University of Bristol – School of Geographical Sciences

Applications are invited for a full-time, 5 year Lectureship in the School of Geographical Sciences, University Bristol.

We welcome applications from outstanding individuals within the general field of geodesy. We are looking for someone with a background that complements the existing expertise in the School of Geographical Sciences. Applicants should have a background in satellite altimetry, gravimetry, GNSS or related fields in geodesy applied to problems in glaciology, hydrology, oceanography and/or solid Earth processes.

We are committed to equal opportunities, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.

For informal enquiries, please contact the Head of School Professor Paul Bates, <mailto:paul.bates at bristol.ac.uk> paul.bates at bristol.ac.uk or Professor Jonathan Bamber: <mailto:j.bamber at bristol.ac.uk> j.bamber at bristol.ac.uk.

Further details about the post, and the application procedure, can be found on the University website: <http://tinyurl.com/zgxo2pu> http://tinyurl.com/zgxo2pu

Salary £35,609 - £40,082

Closing date for applications 31st July 2016.

__
Dr. Twila Moon
Lecturer in Cryospheric Sciences
Bristol Glaciology Centre