[pccgrads] Smith on "Greenhouse gas emissions from international transport..." Wed July 6 at 2:30

UW PCC uwpcc at uw.edu
Tue Jul 5 09:50:44 PDT 2016

Special ATMOS Seminar-Wed. July 6th

2:30-3:20pm in ATG 310

Dr. Inga Smith
Senior Research Fellow
University of Otago

Title: Greenhouse gas emissions from international transport: tourism, imports, exports, and academics in Aotearoa New Zealand

Abstract: Aotearoa New Zealand is a geographically isolated island nation, and the economy is highly dependent on tourism and other export earnings. In this talk, I will review the results from five papers by my team that quantified the greenhouse gas emissions from international transport associated with tourism and the import and export of goods. I will also summarise the methods for research that we are currently undertaking into greenhouse gas emissions into academic travel.

Coordinator/Host: Cecilia Bitz
email: bitz at atmos.washington.edu