[pccgrads] AGU sessions on the science-policy interface and community decision-making

Julie Vano jvano at ucar.edu
Tue Dec 6 11:42:49 PST 2016

May be of interest to people in the PCC…

***

Greetings Colleagues,

We wanted to get the word out about a series of sessions that explore the science-policy interface and community decision-making at AGU this year (see attached flyer). A group of us have worked to create this sequence of sessions, resulting in 11 total sessions (talks, lighting talks, posters, and discussions on Tuesday-Thursday) that span the topics of decision maker-scientist engagement, collaborating with communities, and the use of climate and hazard data by communities. We hope this collection of activities will help strengthen our community of practice and help us all to build stronger bridges between science and application.

We encourage you to put these sessions on your calendar (note: they are in Public Affairs, so it might not come up in your typical AGU searches) and stay throughout. The attached 1-pgr provides an overview of the various events, including two evening networking opportunities. Feel free to share this with any colleagues you think might be interested.

Hope to see you there!

Julie, David, Dan, Carolyn, Phil, Raj, Laurie, Kevin, Andrew, Emily, and Christopher

Julie Vano
Research Applications Laboratory
https://ral.ucar.edu <https://ral.ucar.edu/>