[pccgrads] GSS | Tuesday December 6th | 5pm in OSB 425

Leah Johnson leahjohn at uw.edu
Tue Dec 6 11:05:43 PST 2016

REMINDER: Tonight's GSS (and the last of 2016) at *5pm in OSB 425.*

*Jake Steinberg of Oceanography will talk about the prevalence and
importance of oceanic subsurface-intensified eddies. How do we observe
these eddies and understand their role in the advection of heat and salt
(among other interesting tracers). *

*See you there!*

NOTE: OSB automatically locks doors at 5pm on the dot. If you *know* you
will be late, send us an email and we will find a way to come and let you
in.

Throughout the year, the PCC graduate community hosts a mid week Graduate
Student Seminar (GSS) where students share their expertise on climate
science in a fun, relaxed, yet "seriously" academic environment. Talks are
designed to educate non-experts while exposing other graduate students to
the questions and research at the forefront of climate science.

Hope to see you next week,
Hillary, Leah, Michael, and Rebeca
PGraSC Community Outreach Committee