[pccgrads] FW: letter

UW PCC uwpcc at u.washington.edu
Thu Dec 1 09:19:06 PST 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: marcia baker <mmbaker4 at comcast.net>

Please sign and pass this on if you are so inclined. I hope the professional organizations (AGU, AMS, APS) will have similar letters.

Begin forwarded message:

<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=caQ-AI7COf2PHu-pUL69xg> Union of Concerned Scientists

Science Network <http://action.ucsusa.org/images/content/pagebuilder/sn-logo.png>

There's Still Time to Sign the Open Letter

Join 2,300 Nobel Laureates, prominent scientists, and fellow experts nationwide on an open letter to hold the Trump administration accountable.

<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=jM18_jbYfbu0-f0c2OjHRQ> Add Your Name Today

Related Links
<http://action.ucsusa.org/images/content/pagebuilder/12428.gif> <http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=99QvJ9jvC79gz2ufXG5UkQ> Open Letter to Trump Administration and Congress
<http://action.ucsusa.org/images/content/pagebuilder/12428.gif> <http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=jEyohtAx51kOYgSCODMeqQ> Washington Post: 22 Nobel Prize winners urge Trump to respect 'scientific integrity and independence'
<http://action.ucsusa.org/images/content/pagebuilder/12428.gif> <http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=cLskWtK1ZAY-uw92023Ppg> How the Trump Administration and Congress Should Use Science to Govern

<http://action.ucsusa.org/images/content/pagebuilder/12433.gif>

Tell A Colleague
<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=deJxWCYOE2yDjwg3MpHO2g> Please encourage your colleagues to sign up and help increase our effectiveness in creating a healthy environment and a safer world. <http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=zt-22wSI1TXmWQZ1YlLcQA> CLICK HERE.

ACTION ALERT
Add Your Name to Open Letter to Trump Administration and Congress

Dear Marcia,

Today, we released the first iteration of Science and the Public Interest: An Open Letter to President-Elect Trump and the 115th Congress from more than 2,300 members of the scientific community, including 22 Nobel Laureates.

While this is an impressive demonstration from our nation's scientific community, we face a serious threat to the role of science in our democracy. We need to make this letter as powerful as possible— <http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=39Mo_di2lzBlI08QJ37c0A> help strengthen this letter by adding your name.

Given the Trump transition team’s history of attacking scientists, censoring science, and attempting to obstruct science-based safeguards, the stakes are high and the message needs to be heard now: The scientific community will hold the Trump administration accountable on using independent science to govern in service of the public interest.

Please join 2,300 colleagues to strengthen the voice of the scientific community— <http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=wQu4598crDDnvgPiKPWd8g> add your name to the open letter today.

Sincerely,
Danielle Fox <http://action.ucsusa.org/images/content/pagebuilder/Danielle_Fox_signature.jpg>
Danielle Fox
Campaign and Science Network Manager
Center for Science and Democracy
Union of Concerned Scientists

<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=DpoMDOTw0Z0iI9XpeK-xbg> <http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=DpoMDOTw0Z0iI9XpeK-xbg> donate today <http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=DpoMDOTw0Z0iI9XpeK-xbg>

<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/PixelServer?j=H_cMXFbbjkGyHyCA1W0P8g>

Science for a healthy planet and safer world
UCS is a 501(c)(3) organization. All gifts are tax deductible. You can be confident your donations to UCS are spent wisely.

<http://action.ucsusa.org/images/content/pagebuilder/bbb-cn-cw-logos.jpg>

<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=1Twr0uPfQaJU7z-Dw554tg> About UCS | <http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=sSwT4Qqxk6upwLeyjF8snw> Take Action | <http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=HDMznaOBT2iewuj0Cr0ZTg> Donate | <http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=QRqxYlAD0JxQPdn0vQ8FjA> Contact Us | <http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=ayq0AIDyh_3oVSQ-0GCGLg> Privacy Policy | <http://action.ucsusa.org/site/CO?i=6jHTlumGBrrybExATdE62pb1OszM3FcV&cid=1785> Unsubscribe | <http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=f16rI3bC7uCZAn48gVctOQ> Update Your Profile

Need to let us know about updates to your area of expertise, where you're working, or any awards or recognitions you've recently received? Have you recently graduated or started another degree? Email us at <mailto:sciencenetwork at ucsusa.org> sciencenetwork at ucsusa.org.

Union of Concerned Scientists
2 Brattle Square | Cambridge, MA 02138-3780

© Union of Concerned Scientists. All rights reserved. <http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=XpB5E1hH3GpvEvfq8TEWFA> www.ucsusa.org

<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=iWVf7eugvqTMkiNb5GU19g> powered by Blackbaud
<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=OKNZ6XsJIYyt4I2565IkpQ> nonprofit software