[pccgrads] Climate Game Jam -- Oct 2-4

UW PCC uwpcc at uw.edu
Wed Sep 23 16:14:19 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm part of an organization that is hosting a Seattle site for a very unique
event, that we'd love your participation in. It's called the Climate Game
Jam:
http://climategamejam.org

Over a 48 hour period, teams gather to rapidly prototype game designs (video
games, tabletop, or other formats). These events are often held to help
inject new ideas to grow the game industry, and this event in particular has
the goal of making educational climate information accessible to a range of
audiences.

No prior experience in game design is necessary. We'd love to have you join
a team for this intense and exciting event!

The national program is run by NOAA, and they are setting up opportunities
to connect with game experts and scientists around the country via webcast.
There will be game designers and scientists available at the UW site as
well. Some impressive prizes will be awarded to the winning teams.

If you're interested in participating or would like more info, you can
contact EarthGamesUW at gmail.com for questions, or fill out the registration
form here:
http://goo.gl/forms/2ym0xeqgcp

If you're unable to commit to the whole jam, you can help us out in other
ways as well, by offering expert advice, staffing the entrance, helping with
clean up, etc. Contact me if you can lend a hand.

Best,
Dargan

-- Dargan M. W. Frierson, Associate Professor
-- Univ. of Washington, Dept. of Atmospheric Sciences
-- Box 351640, Seattle, WA 98195-1640
--
-- ph: 206.685.7364, fax: 206.543.0308
-- email: dargan at atmos.washington.edu