[pccgrads] Evans School D-Prize Competition: Open to all UW Graduate Students! - Info Session, 12:30 pm, Friday, Oct 30th

UW PCC uwpcc at u.washington.edu
Wed Oct 28 14:07:34 PDT 2015

…a great opportunity to work on a multi-disciplinary team to address a major global challenge through social enterprise.

Best, Alison Cullen

Dear campus colleagues,

The Evans School is partnering with D-Prize <http://www.d-prize.org/> to launch the first Evans School D-Prize Competition.

This is an opportunity for all Evans School, and other UW graduate students, to form multi-disciplinary teams and compete for a prize of up to $10,000, to launch a pilot program to solve a major global challenge.

The 2016 challenges will include issues and solutions relevant to global poverty alleviation (please see attached). Teams may choose to address a challenge defined by D-Prize in the area of global health, energy and climate, governance and infrastructure, and girls' education, or they may identify an issue and proven solution in order to construct a "custom challenge." More details will be available at our upcoming info session.

In Winter and Spring Quarters 2016, Professor Alison Cullen <http://evans.uw.edu/profile/cullen> will be teaching a course (2 credits per quarter) for students interested in forming teams, developing a proposal and pursuing the competition. Students interested to compete are not required to be part of the course, but may find it helpful. Teams must include at least one Evans School student.

Interested UW students are encouraged to attend our upcoming information session:

D-Prize Competition Info Session

12:30 to 1:30 pm

Friday, October 30, 2015

Parrington Hall <http://uw.edu/maps/?par> , Room 108

We appreciate your support in spreading the word among any UW graduate students who may be interested!