[pccgrads] FW: A Special Opportunity for Students -- An Evening on Climate Change with James Balog on October 29th at EMP Museum

UW PCC uwpcc at uw.edu
Wed Oct 21 07:41:41 PDT 2015

Begin forwarded message:

From: Hilary Franz <hilary at futurewise.org>
Date: October 20, 2015 at 5:21:22 PM PDT
To: "tway at uw.edu" <tway at uw.edu>, "graumlic at uw.edu" <graumlic at uw.edu>, "brandenborn at gmail.com" <brandenborn at gmail.com>, "frumkin at uw.edu" <frumkin at uw.edu>
Subject: A Special Opportunity for Students -- An Evening on Climate Change with James Balog on October 29th at EMP Museum

Hello University of Washington Friends,

I hope you are well. We have a wonderful opportunity for your students. Thanks to the generosity of one of our members, we have 50 free tickets to offer students for our upcoming James Balog’s event at the EMP Museum on Wed, October 28th.

James is an award-winning photographer who was featured in the documentary Chasing Ice. We are excited to bring James to Seattle for a presentation on his experience photographing wildfires, vanishing ice and the collision between nature and people in <http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=p1Jy7OOmAZeT1cWL8ErIUJUw2R2F3ofY> 'Human Tectonics: Ice, Fire and Life in the Anthropocene,' October 28 at the EMP Museum.

This is going to be a provocative and riveting multimedia presentation that challenges us to rethink our relationship with the natural world while cherishing the amazing beauty Balog has encountered throughout his prolific career.

I have included more details about the event here:

An Evening with James Balog
Human Tectonics: Ice, Fire and Life in the Anthropocene
October 28, 2015 | EMP Museum
Reception 6:30pm, Presentation 7:30pm
325 5th Avenue N

Students can click here to register for free: http://tinyurl.com/balogtickets*

*Students must present a valid Student ID at event check in.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I hope to see you and some of your students next week!

Hilary Franz

<http://be.futurewise.org/images/Balog%20Fire%20Banner.jpg>

Join Futurewise as we welcome award-winning photographer James Balog to Seattle for a presentation on his experience photographing wildfires, vanishing ice and the collision between nature and people in <http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=p1Jy7OOmAZeT1cWL8ErIUJUw2R2F3ofY> 'Human Tectonics: Ice, Fire and Life in the Anthropocene,' October 28 at the EMP Museum.

You're not going to want to miss this provocative and riveting multimedia presentation that challenges us to rethink our relationship with the natural world while cherishing the amazing beauty Balog has encountered throughout his prolific career.

"We're in the midst of an epochal moment, in a pure geological sense, and these pictures are very much an expression of that, as much as calving glaciers and melting ice." - James Balog

<http://be.futurewise.org/images/Blue%20line.jpg>

<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/TrackImage?key=2614674065>

--

LuAnne Thompson