[pccgrads] geoengineering panel and discussion-Wed oct 21 at 5:30 downtown

UW PCC uwpcc at u.washington.edu
Tue Oct 13 12:37:22 PDT 2015

Note: Roel is a past PCC fellow, facilitating the MIT enterprise forum
below.w/speakers and panelists Dennis Hartmann, Tom Ackerman, and David
Keith.

Hello colleagues,

Next week Wednesday, October 21, 5:30pm- 8:30pm, I am facilitating an MIT
Enterprise Forum event on geoengineering, examining solar radiation
management in particular. It will be in downtown Seattle. 5:30pm-6:30pm is a
networking hour, then the program begins with an introduction to the science
of climate change by Dennis Hartmann (UW), followed by a discussion of cloud
brightening technologies by Tom Ackerman (UW), followed by a discussion of
stratospheric aerosol injection by David Keith (Harvard). I will facilitate
a public discussion among the three panelists and the audience from
7:50pm-8:30pm.

You can read more detail about the event here
<https://www.mitwa.org/content/future-climate-engineering-0> , a
registration link is available on the same web page. I hope you are able to
come, and even if not please forward to anyone else you feel might be
interested. A PDF flyer is attached (it mostly duplicates what you can read
at the weblink above). Looking forward to seeing you there,

~Roel

Roel Hammerschlag

Hammerschlag & Co. LLC

phone: 360-352-6866