[pccgrads] PCC Grad Student Happy Hour tonight!

Bradley Markle marklebr at uw.edu
Tue Oct 6 10:52:33 PDT 2015

Hello all,

I just wanted to remind everyone that the UW Program on Climate Change's
Grad Student Seminar series (GSS) starts today. Our first speaker will
be... beer!
Yep, we're going to have a happy hour at the College Inn at 5pm tonight.
There is no seminar, just an excellent opportunity to hang out with and get
to know fellow grad students interested in climate.
Hope to see you there!

Cheers,
Brad, Hilary, and Greg

p.s. If you are walking over from JHN/ATG, I'll be leaving from the
courtyard between them about 5 minutes before 5.

**********************
*What is the GSS, you ask?*
The PCC Graduate Student Seminar (GSS) is organized
by graduate students for graduate students. The series provides an
extremely laid back environment where grad students give 25-35 min
presentations on their research followed by a 20 minutes of
questions/discussion on the topic. It's a great opportunity to see what is
going on in climate research with your fellow students down the hall or
across campus. Plus, it you are interested in presenting, it's a great
chance to show off some of your own research and receive feedback on your
work. Presentations should be geared toward a general scientific audience
(of graduate students) with ample background information so everyone can
follow. As always, *be*v*er*ages will be provided for a minimal donation.
--
Bradley Markle
PhD Candidate

Department of Earth and Space Sciences