[pccgrads] Be a part of the 2016 GCC committee

Leah Johnson leahjohn at uw.edu
Tue Nov 17 09:21:41 PST 2015

Hi All,

The Graduate Climate Conference is a small 'for students only, run by
students only' conference that happens once a year and attracts about 80
students from around the world. The conference was started at UW over a
decade ago and is now shared between UW and MIT/WHOI. Next year, the GCC
returns to UW for it's 10th anniversary (kind of exciting!), and now is the
time to start forming next years GCC planning committee.

We will host a GCC planning meeting today after the PCC GSS in OSB 425.
After the GSS speaker (which begins at 5pm), we will segue into GCC
committee planning Q&A. There will be plenty of GCC committee alums at the
meeting to answer questions and help kick start the process. *FYI: Past
attendance to a GCC is NOT required. *

If you are interested in joining the 2016 GCC planning committee, but
cannot make it to tonights meeting, then email me and I will make sure you
are kept in the loop.

Hope to see some of you this evening.

Leah