[pccgrads] Kilbourne on "Near-inertial variability in the Southern Ocean" -Mon July 27 at 9 am

UW PCC uwpcc at uw.edu
Fri Jul 24 12:32:39 PDT 2015

Byron Kilbourne will be defending his Ph.D. on "Near-inertial variability in
the Southern Ocean" bright and early next Monday morning (July 27) at 9:00am
in the APL 6th floor Hardisty Conference Center.

I feel it's worth mentioning that Byron's work makes an important
observational contribution to our knowledge of internal waves and mixing in
the Southern Ocean (focusing on the region around Drake Passage). He will
also be presenting some very interesting discoveries about the nature of the
surface mixed layer and implications for ocean-atmosphere connectivity.
Please consider attending!

Cheers,

James

James B. Girton, Principal Oceanographer and Affiliate Assistant Professor
Applied Physics Laboratory, University of Washington

1013 NE 40th Street, Seattle, WA 98105-6698

206-543-8467 (office) 206-353-4980 (cell) 206-543-6785 (FAX)