[pccgrads] FW: EPOC 2015 abstract submission deadline: July 11

UW PCC uwpcc at u.washington.edu
Thu Jul 9 13:49:24 PDT 2015

We hope you can join us for EPOC 2015. The deadline for abstract submission to the 62nd Annual Eastern Pacific Ocean Conference is on July 11th. The conference will be held 20-23 September 2015 at Fallen Leaf Lake in South Lake Tahoe. If you know a student or colleague whose work would fit into the meeting's theme, please pass this on to them.

Please see our new and improved website <http://easternpacificoceanconference.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a7fc207411a7370954e785ecb&id=3fd0ebce09&e=b314ec1192> www.easternpacificoceanconference.org for details and abstract submission.

We are excited to have David Checkley speak for our Fireside Chat this year. Session topics were decided by popular vote of past EPOC participants. Oral and poster presentations are solicited for four topic-specific sessions in addition to the popular General Session:

· Hot and strange times in the California Current System: A look at 2014-2015 from all angles (Nate Mantua and Emanuele DiLorenzo)

· Role of submesoscale and mesoscale processes in structuring ecosystem dynamics in the eastern Pacific Ocean (Christine Cass and Fanny Chenillat)

· Predictability of biology across different space-time-trophic scales (Art Miller and Clarissa Anderson)

· The future is now: hypoxia and ocean acidification in the Eastern Pacific (Erika McPhee-Shaw and Kerry Nichols)

· General topics (TBD)

Abstracts should be submitted by 11 July 2015 through the EPOC website at the link below. We realize that there may have been some issues with the word limit on the previous version of the Abstract Submittal form, but this issue has been resolved, so please let us know if you have any further issues. Presenters should be prepared to indicate a first and second choice for session as well as a preference for oral or poster presentation. Information on the format of oral and poster presentations is available at <http://easternpacificoceanconference.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a7fc207411a7370954e785ecb&id=f58038adb1&e=b314ec1192> Presenter Guidelines.

<http://easternpacificoceanconference.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a7fc207411a7370954e785ecb&id=296399fe6f&e=b314ec1192> Submit an Abstract for EPOC 2015

Registration information will be available later in the summer (typically early August) in conjunction with more information on the program, and will be announced by email and links to details available on the EPOC website.

We are looking for old EPOC programs and memorabilia (e.g. pics, etc) to add to the website. Please send those along to the organizers or committee if you have some that you are willing to share.

Many Thanks,
Samantha Siedlecki and Kristen Davis, EPOC 2015 Conference Organizers

P.S. Please help us reach new students and colleagues by forwarding this email to those who haven't yet heard of EPOC, and calling attention to the link in the letterhead.

Samantha Siedlecki

Research Scientist

JISAO, University of Washington

Email:siedlesa at uw.edu <mailto:Email%3Asiedlesa at uw.edu>