[pccgrads] Reminder: 2015 PCC Winter Welcome --TONIGHT!!

UW PCC uwpcc at u.washington.edu
Thu Jan 29 14:59:11 PST 2015

2015 PCC Winter Welcome --TONIGHT

Thursday, January 29, 2015, 5:30 PM-8:00 PM
FSH 102 and Lobby

LuAnne Thompson, PCC Director, will give an introduction, including
welcoming our three new PCC graduate fellows, acknowledging the 2014 Grad
certificate recipients, and then we make way for quick introductions to the
research of climate postdocs from across campus:

Ben Hudson, Future of Ice, the Greenland Ice Sheet
Allison Smith, Oceanography, The effects of climate change on intertidal and
pelagic marine ecosystems
Adriana Raudzens Bailey, JISAO, Atmospheric Water Cycle Changes and Climate
Change/Newspaper Treatment of Climate Change Uncertainty
Cary Lynch, Climate Impacts Group, "Time of Emergence of Climate Change
Signals in the Pacific NW"
Rory Telemeco, Biology
Rachel White, JISAO, "Playing with Dynamical Climate Models"
Donata Giglio, NOAA, "Antarctic Circumpolar Current fronts using Argo Data"
Jacob Cram, Oceanography
Edward Blanchard-Wrigglesworth, Atmospheric Sciences, "Predicting sea ice:
harder than it sounds"
Andrew Davis, Oceanography, "Ocean, Heat Content Variability in the CMIP5"

See you there!

-Miriam