[pccgrads] FW: CESM Tutorial in 2015

UW PCC uwpcc at uw.edu
Fri Jan 2 16:27:55 PST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Barbara Ballard <bballard at ucar.edu>
Date: Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Subject: [CCSM-participants] CESM Tutorial in 2015
To: ccsm-participants at cgd.ucar.edu
Cc: cgd at cgd.ucar.edu

Good morning,

The CESM Tutorial will take place 10-14 August 2015 at the National Center for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colorado. The application process for the CESM Tutorial will open on Monday, 5 January 2015 and remain open for two months - closing on 28 February 2015.

This year's CESM Tutorial will consist of:

- Lectures on simulating the climate system

- Practical sessions on running CESM, modifying components, and analyzing data

We receive some funding from NSF and DOE each year to support this tutorial. When you apply, you will have the opportunity to request funding. This funding typically is lodging, per diem, and ground transportation. We do not have funds to support air travel. You may also apply to attend with your own funds. Whether or not you apply for travel funds has no bearing on the selection process.

Thank you,

Barbara Ballard

CESM Program Office

--