[pccgrads] Fwd: ATM S 591 Special Topics class on Aerosol-Cloud-Climate Interactions

Luanne Thompson luanne at uw.edu
Thu Feb 26 09:25:17 PST 2015

FYI. Just in case you were interested.

LuAnne

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Robert Wood <robwood2 at uw.edu>
Date: Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 2:25 PM
Subject: ATM S 591 Special Topics class on Aerosol-Cloud-Climate
Interactions
To: "all_users at atmos.washington.edu" <all_users at atmos.washington.edu>

Hi All,

I'm sending this out again as some people may not have seen it.

I will teach a special topics class during Spring quarter 2015 focused on
the general topic of *aerosol-cloud-climate interactions*. The class will
aim to cover many aspects of this topic, including a review of the
theoretical arguments linking aerosols and clouds, the use of field and
satellite data, and process and climate models to understand the problem,
and a consideration of past and future changes in aerosol indirect climate
forcing.

Students: if this is a class that you would be interested to take, then
please send me an email and let me know your level of interest.
Others: please circulate this request to others you know of who may be
interested (e.g., folks outside of the department).

I expect to finalize the exact course content over the next few weeks. It
will be largely reading and discussion based, plus a class project that I
am expecting most students will align with their own research. If there are
specific topic areas you would like to see emphasized/included, then feel
free to let me know.

Regards

Rob

Dr. Robert Wood
Atmospheric Sciences, Box 351640, University of Washington, Seattle,
WA 98195, USA
robwood at atmos.washington.edu www.atmos.washington.edu/~robwood

Tel: (206)-543-1203 Fax: (206)-685-9302

LuAnne Thompson
Director, Program on Climate Change
Professor of Oceanography
Adjunct Professor Physics and Atmospheric Sciences

Office: 206 543 9965
Cell: 206 676 2685

twitter @UWPCC

faculty.washington.edu/luanne/