[pccgrads] FW: Sustainability Conversation for Students--please join us!

UW PCC uwpcc at uw.edu
Mon Feb 23 21:27:33 PST 2015

Hello -- the UW is known for its innovation and leadership in sustainability
efforts in our campus operations. What is less well known are the amazing
things happening in the classroom-and that is where you come in. An
interdisciplinary cross-campus committee concluded in its report to the
Provost that "the time is ripe for all UW campuses to make sustainability a
top priority not only in its operations but across the curriculum."
[http://green.uw.edu/sites/default/files/May%2031%20Final%20Report.pdf]

Although UW boasts over 500 courses with environmental themes, we are a bit
"behind" other universities in terms of incorporating sustainability more
explicitly into our curricula. If the UW were to be a leader in teaching
sustainability, what would that look like to you as a student? How can the
UW cultivate the kinds of innovative, interdisciplinary linkages that
sustainability education requires? And, most importantly, what can you
envision as your contribution?

On Tuesday, February 24, dozens of students from across campus will bring
their inspiration and ideas to the table for this exciting conversation.

We hope you will join us! Please rvsp here:
https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/elised2/260170

Sent on behalf of:

Karen Litfin, College of Arts and Sciences

Sara Mackenzie, School of Public Health

Clare Ryan, College of the Environment

Please rvsp here: https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/elised2/260170