[pccgrads] Position opening: Deputy Director, Climate Impacts Group
uwpcc at u.washington.edu
Tue Feb 17 09:20:08 PST 2015
** Job Announcement: UW Climate Impacts Group **
The Climate Impacts <http://www.cig.uw.edu/> Group is inviting applications for the position of Deputy <https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/ENG/candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=jobprofile&jobhistory=1&szOrderID=116064> Director.
The Climate Impacts Group <http://www.cig.uw.edu/> , located in the University of Washington <http://www.washington.edu/> ’s College <http://coenv.washington.edu/> of the Environment, is an internationally recognized interdisciplinary group focused since 1995 on building climate resilience through applied research and stakeholder engagement. We seek a full time Deputy <https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/ENG/candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=jobprofile&jobhistory=1&szOrderID=116064> Director with strong skills in science, linking science with decision-making and management. The Deputy Director will advance the Group’s climate research and stakeholder engagement efforts, including internal operations (facilitating and conducting applied interdisciplinary climate impacts and adaptation research, strategic planning, project management, employee supervision) and externally-facing activities (building and maintaining external relationships with diverse stakeholders and collaborators, grant-writing and public and private fund-raising, communications).
The Climate Impacts Group is a fast-paced, dynamic, and deadline driven environment requiring advanced project and personnel management skills, problem-solving abilities, initiative, priority setting, discretion and good judgment.
Requirements for the position include:
· PhD in natural, social or policy science related to the identification of climate risks and responses and at least three years of relevant experience. Applicants with a Master’s degree and exceptional qualifications (six or more years experience in a related position, with lead responsibilities) may be considered.
· Experience with applied climate impacts and adaptation research.
· Political awareness, attention to multiple perspectives and motivations; substantive understanding of the political dimensions of applied climate change science.
· Experience in co-creation of knowledge, co-definition of research problems, successfully linking science and decision-making.
· Demonstrated ability to transcend disciplinary boundaries in research and communication and to develop and sustain interdisciplinary collaborations.
· Superior writing and oral communication skills; demonstrated ability to communicate complex scientific information in clear and concise language appropriate for diverse audiences (e.g., scientists, business people, policy makers, university students, mass media, etc.).
· Demonstrated success in fund-raising to support applied research or stakeholder engagement.
· Strategic and critical thinker; an energetic self-starter.
· Attention to detail and insistence on technical accuracy.
· Strong team member/team approach.
More information about responsibilities, requirements, and application process here <https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/ENG/candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=jobprofile&jobhistory=1&szOrderID=116064> . Initial review of applications will commence March 9. Please direct any questions about the position to cig at uw.edu.
Lara Whitely Binder
Climate Outreach and Adaptation Specialist
Climate Impacts Group
University of Washington
Box 355674 Seattle, WA 98195-5674
Phone: (206) 616-5349
Email: <mailto:lwb123 at uw.edu> lwb123 at uw.edu | <http://cig.uw.edu/> http://cig.uw.edu/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the pccgrads