[pccgrads] FW: [King Co EcoNet] Help Wanted: Environmental Education Marine Science Instructors.

UW PCC uwpcc at u.washington.edu
Mon Feb 9 11:45:16 PST 2015

Volunteer and paid positions available…

From: king-county-eco-net at googlegroups.com [mailto:king-county-eco-net at googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of ljjames
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2015 11:06 PM
To: king-county-eco-net at googlegroups.com
Subject: [King Co EcoNet] Help Wanted: Environmental Education Marine Science Instructors.

Hello King County Eco-Net!

I’d like to take a moment of your time to ask around if you know of any Marine Science types who might be interested in working Fridays this spring as a shipboard Instructor Naturalist for one of the coolest education programs afloat on our magnificent Puget Sound. I’ve been working with this program since 1991 and it is truly one of the most rewarding things I’ve done. We’ve had kids come back out as my assistant scientific diver, we’ve had kids cite the program as their reason for going into marine biology, oceanography or education. If you talk to anyone who’s children have been out on the boat, they will attest to how it gets everyone SUPER fired up about Puget Sound and how to protect it. (pretty much they won’t stop talking about it for at least a week!)

Thanks!

-Laura

Help Wanted:Environmental Education Marine Science Instructors.

Pacific Marine Research is a non-profit education organization seeking employees to participate in a school field trip program based in Seattle.

Marine Science Afloat Program™

Program runs seasonally, we are currently hiring for spring 2015, March April & May. Program features all-day Marine Science field trips on Puget Sound aboard ship, teaching marine science to students of all grade levels. Part-time and volunteer positions available. $14.00/hour starting. Marine Biology, Fisheries, Oceanography or Marine Science Interpretive Education background required. Teaching areas: plankton sampling, microscope work, benthic and pelagic species, water quality and stewardship, ecology, scuba, and geology. Spring employment starts mid March runs thru early June.

Volunteer positions are also available. Educational, flexible, fun and fulfilling program.

To apply please e-mail cover letter and resume to:

Employment at marinescienceafloat.org 206 784 8966

www.marinescienceafloat.org