[pccgrads] APECS Online Conference--abstracts due Feb 9

UW PCC uwpcc at u.washington.edu
Mon Feb 2 12:52:06 PST 2015

New perspectives in the Polar Sciences

Call for abstracts

APECS International Online Conference
Conference Date: 16 March 2015
Event Format: Online conference (webinar)

Abstract Submission Deadline: 9 February 2015

APECS webinar organizers announce a call for abstracts for our International Online Conference, “New Perspectives in the Polar Sciences,” which is scheduled for 16 March 2015. This conference will engage scientific dialogues between early career scientist from multiple disciplines and backgrounds on new research perspectives in their field of research. With increased attention on the changing polar environment and the future challenges this will bring, this conference aims to convey the broad range of new research currently being conducted internationally. Therefore, we would like to draw attention to polar researchers of this opportunity to share their current research findings. We would particularly like abstracts submitted by early career scientists, in order that they gain invaluable experience presenting their research projects to the public. There will be a $300 prize given for best presentation at this conference which has been donated by APECS.

Session Themes

1. Biological – marine/freshwater/terrestrial

2. Geological/Environmental/terrestrial cryospheric environments

3. Atmospherics/Climatology

4. Oceanography/Sea-ice

5. Cultural/Historical/Policy/Education

More information: [Call for abstracts] Online Conference: New Perspectives in Polar Science <http://apecs.is/index.php?option=com_community&view=events&task=viewevent&eventid=304&Itemid=757&lang=en> .