[pccgrads] PCC 593 Seminar: Bang on "Cultural Aspects of Climate Communication"-Tue 2/3 at 3:30

UW PCC uwpcc at u.washington.edu
Mon Feb 2 10:59:18 PST 2015

PCC 593: Perspectives in Communicating Climate Science (Seminar)

Megan Bang, Assistant Professor, UW College of Education
"Cultural Aspects of Climate Communication"
Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 3:30 PM-4:20PM
Location: OSB 425

Abstract: Making sense of human-nature relations is a fundamental part of
human development across the life course and it is a central aspect of
science education and science communication. This week we will explore
cross-cultural differences in understanding and reasoning about human-nature
relations and ecological thought. We will also explore how representations
reflect these cross-cultural differences and consider the implications for
science communication.

Speaker Biography: https://education.uw.edu/people/faculty/mbang3

Seminar Coordinator: Miriam Bertram, uwpcc at uw.edu

_________________________________

Future seminars in this series :

Week 6 (Feb 10)
Guest: Joanne Silberner (Artist-in-Residence, UW Communications Department)
Title: Climate Communication- A Journalist's Perspective

Week 7 (Feb 17)
Guests: Greg Quetin, Graduate Student, UW Atmospheric Sciences
Abigail Steinem, Graduate Student, UW School of Art + Art History + Design
Title: If you communicate and no one listens, did you communicate?

Week 8 (Feb. 24)
Guest: Rev. Jenny Phillips
Title: "Religious Frames for Climate Change"

Week 9 (March 3)
Guest: Amy Snover, Climate Impacts Group