[pccgrads] Science Policy Summit -May 7 5-8pm

UW PCC uwpcc at u.washington.edu
Fri Apr 24 12:45:45 PDT 2015

UW Graduate and Professional Student Senate (GPSS) presents:

Science and Policy Summit

Reconnect: Our Planet

May 7, 2015 5-8pm

Kane Hall, Room 220

Join us for an evening of science, policy, and climate change awareness...

FREE food and beverages!

This year's GPSS Science and Policy Summit, "Reconnect: Our Planet," will examine climate policy and communication, in light of the upcoming United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) Conference of Parties (COP) in Paris. The summit is designed to discuss ways in which climate science and policy influence each other through the experience of various practitioners, and to learn how we can improve communication on these topics.

The event will include:

5:00-5:30 - Welcome and Keynote Speaker

5:30-6:30 - Panel Discussion on climate change

6:30-8:00 - Reception and ENGAGE Science communication workshop
* FREE food and beverages

More details can be found on our website <https://uwsciencepolicy.wordpress.com/science-policy-summit-2015/>

RSVP here <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-uw-gpss-science-and-policy-summit-presents-reconnect-our-planet-tickets-16586497661>

or at our Facebook event <https://www.facebook.com/events/1597421583878192/>

Come for a great evening of climate, policy, and communication!