[pccgrads] FW: [Coenv_advisers] Outreach Volunteer Opportunity: hands on activities for a local K-8 school for Earth Day

UW PCC uwpcc at uw.edu
Thu Apr 9 17:13:28 PDT 2015

From: Coenv_advisers
[mailto:coenv_advisers-bounces at mailman13.u.washington.edu] On Behalf Of
Michelle R. Hall
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2015 3:04 PM
To: 'coenv_advisers at uw.edu'
Subject: [Coenv_advisers] Outreach Volunteer Opportunity: hands on
activities for a local K-8 school for Earth Day

Hello all,

This opportunity might be of interest to some of your students / student
groups.

Best,

Michelle

_________________________

Michelle R. Hall

Director of Student and Academic Services

College of the Environment

University of Washington

Ocean Sciences Building, Suite 200, Room 212

1492 NE Boat Street, Box 355355

Seattle, WA 98195-5355

<http://www.coenv.washington.edu/> www.coenv.washington.edu

Phone: 206-543-6233

Fax: 206-685-7532

Subject: Outreach Volunteer Opportunity: hands on activities for a local K-8
school for Earth Day

We are looking for community members to run activities and demonstrations
for Earth Day. We would love your ideas and help for our students. Please
see below for more details.

Earth Day Celebration

Hazel Wolf K-8 is having its annual Earth Day celebration. This event runs
the afternoon of April 22nd from 1:10 -3:00. Each classroom will choose two
activities during this block to participate in. The
activities/demonstrations are run by teachers and community members on
varies topics connected to our earth, how its changing and what we can do to
conserve it. We are looking for presenters who are willing to come do a
demonstration or give a presentation to a group of 20-30 students at a time.
Students kindergarten through 8th grade will be participating. The
activities can be designed for a range of ages or specific age groups can be
suggested by the presenter. Each presenter will be asked to run two sessions
(for two different groups) during the block. Each session needs to be 30-45
minutes.

Hazel Wolf K-8: Hazel Wolf K-8 is an ESTEM school currently located in the
John Marshall Building near Green Lake. Hazel Wolf has a diverse student
body and active MESA program.

Details: Hazel Wolf K-8 ESTEM/Earth Day Event.

April 22nd from 1:10 - 3:00 at Hazel Wolf

Address: 520 NE Ravenna BLVD

Seattle, WA 98115

Contact: Karli Gordulan

<mailto:kegordulan at seattleschools.org>