[pccgrads] Climate Analytics Survey

Stephen Po-Chedley pochedls at uw.edu
Sun Apr 5 22:16:39 PDT 2015

Hi Current and Past PCC Grads,

The PCC is considering the idea of developing a climate analytics program. The goal of the program would be to help students develop skills in climate analysis (e.g. how to analyze climate data) that are applicable to a range of fields (e.g. public resource planning, policy, economics, etc.).

In order to see if this is worth pursuing, we’re asking for your feedback and perspective as to whether this program would be valuable to you or other students. The program credentials could take the form of a certificate (similar to the current graduate climate certificate), a professional masters degree, or possibly a joint PhD (where you receive a PhD in a core field and receive this “Climate Analytics" PhD as well).

We are also working to determine the demand for this sort of degree (e.g. would it be useful to some industries to have students that can analyze climate data and understand climate issues), but we thought the PCC grads would have good perspective on what contexts this sort of program might be useful for.

The survey should take approximately five minutes and we’d appreciate your help! The survey will be open until Saturday April 11.

https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/pochedls/266264 <https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/pochedls/266264>

On behalf of the Climate Analytics Committee,

Stephen