[pccgrads] FW: An Area Studies and Climate Science event: April 7, 3:30pm CMU 226

UW PCC uwpcc at uw.edu
Thu Apr 2 07:29:16 PDT 2015

--------------------------

Colleagues,

I have had numerous discussions with scientific colleagues and collaborators
throughout the years about the desirability and difficulty of understanding
and engaging with local communities while doing scientific research
throughout the world. The forum announced below and in the attached flier
seeks to start a dialog on this issue. It would be a valuable conversation
for all of us (and our students). I encourage everyone to attend.
Organized by my Anthropology colleagues, Celia Lowe and Peter Lape, (and
co-sponsored by QRC). I believe there will be additional panel discussions
to follow.

Ben