[pccgrads] FW: Summer Jobs to Impact Issues that Matter: Interviews this week at UW

UW PCC uwpcc at uw.edu
Wed Apr 1 08:47:15 PDT 2015

Summer Jobs to Impact Issues that Matter: Information Sessions and Interviews at UW this Week!

The Fund for the Public Interest is a national non-profit organization that works to build support for social change organizations across the country. We run campaigns for the USPIRG and Environment America. This summer we will be in over 50 cities, working and lobbying to help win environmental and social justice campaigns.

Currently, we have paid positions open on our campaign staff in each of our locations. We require that interested candidates are hard workers and have excellent communication skills.

As a member of our staff, you will fundraise, build membership for our partner groups, educating and activating citizens on pressing issues. You will also have the opportunity to organize press conferences and build coalitions with other non-profit organizations. While on staff, you gain knowledge of pressing concerns our country is facing, learn how to effectively generate public support, and obtain a firm understanding of the political process.

We will be holding information sessions and interviews on campus on Tuesday 3/31, Wednesday 4/1, and Thursday 4/2 in room 111C in the Resource Center in the HUB at 10am, 2pm, 4pm, and 6pm. Come find out how to make a big impact this summer!

- Earn on average $4000-$6000 this summer, working for something you believe in!
- To find out more, call 1-800-75-EARTH, or visit www.summerjobsthatmatter.org

All the best,

Marianna Davison

Assistant Campaign Director, Seattle WA