[pccgrads] 2014 US Atlantic Meriodional Overturning Circulation Meeting--in Seattle Sept. 9-11

uwpcc uwpcc at u.washington.edu
Mon May 12 16:28:06 PDT 2014

The US Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation meeting will be in Seattle this year September 9-11. I hope that many of you will be able to attend. The registration fee is only $100, and UW Students will be free.

LuAnne

Hello US AMOC Science Team,

The 2014 Science Team meeting will be held September 9-11 at the Deca Hotel in Seattle, Washington. Please visit the meeting webpage at http://www.usclivar.org/meetings/2014-us-amoc-science-team-meeting to register and submit abstracts for the meeting.

Plenary and poster sessions, organized around each of the four program objectives, will review research advances, identify gaps, foster new collaborations, and discuss near term priorities and longer-term program goals. A particular emphasis this year will be on AMOC linkages with climate variability and change, with a special session at UW on the topic the first afternoon, followed by reception hosted by UW.

Please submit your abstracts by the June 16 deadline. The Organizing Committee will then review the abstracts and determine plenary talks and poster presentations. The US CLIVAR Project Office will notify you on whether you are invited to present a talk or poster by July 25.

The registration fee is $100, payable online, to help defray the costs for breaks. Note that we are providing a reduced registration fee for early career scientists and students.

On behalf of the Organizing Committee, I look forward to seeing you in Seattle this September.

Regards, Mike

--

Mike Patterson, Director

US CLIVAR Project Office

1201 New York Avenue NW, Room 4002

Washington, DC 20005

(202) 787-1681 <tel:%28202%29%20787-1681>

<mailto:mpatterson at usclivar.org> mpatterson at usclivar.org

--

LuAnne Thompson
Director, Program on Climate Change

Office: 206 543 9965 <tel:206%20543%209965>
Cell: 206 676 2685 <tel:206%20676%202685>

twitter @UWPCC

faculty.washington.edu/luanne/
www.uwpcc.washington.edu/

--

LuAnne Thompson
Director, Program on Climate Change
Professor of Oceanography
Adjunct Professor Physics and Atmospheric Sciences

Office: 206 543 9965
Cell: 206 676 2685