[pccgrads] Survey for Visual Communication Design Collaboration with the Design School Grads

Gregory Quetin gquetin at atmos.washington.edu
Tue Aug 5 20:09:54 PDT 2014

Hello Grads,

After my own useful session talking with some Visual Communication
Designers at the Design Help Desk <http://depts.washington.edu/deshelp/>
during Spring Quarter I have continued to talk with a design graduate
student (School of Art Design Program <http://art.washington.edu/design/>)
about a collaboration between Design and Geoscience grad students. Check
out some of their data visualization here
<http://www.visualizing.org/galleries/uw-division-design-2010-nanotechnology-infographics>
.

To gauge interest for a special session on visual design with interested
graduate students from the design school and broadly geo-science graduate
students we have put together a *short informational survey found here
(survey <http://depts.washington.edu/deshelp/>)*. If all goes well, expect
to hear more about a gathering at the beginning of Fall Quarter where
designers and scientists can discuss and learn from each other about visual
communication and the tools each of us use to create graphics and talks.
This could roll into a quasi-regular lunch between designers and scientists
to share ideas, experiences and generally improve science communication
through graphics, posters and talks.

Let me know if you have any questions and thank you for your time.

All the best,
Greg

Gregory R. Quetin
University of Washington