[pccgrads] Reminder: GSS TODAY at 5pm, 610 ATG: Jack Scheff from Atmos

Hilary Palevsky palevsky at u.washington.edu
Wed Apr 23 16:12:33 PDT 2014

> Hi PCC grads!

> The next installment of the GSS** will be at talk by Jack

Scheff TODAY at 5pm in 610 ATG. Jack will be talking about the fundamental
effect of temperature on water availability at the land surface.

> Other speakers for the rest of the quarter are:

> May 7 Greg Quetin, Atmospheric Sciences

> May 21 Hayley Dosser, Oceanography

> June 4 Miguel Jimenez-Urias, Oceanography

> Cheers,

> Hilary, Sarah, Spruce, Jack

> **The PCC Graduate Student Seminar (GSS) is organized by graduate

students for graduate students. The series provides an extremely laid back
environment where grad students give 25-35 min presentations on their
research followed by a 20 minutes of questions/discussion on the topic.
It's a great opportunity to see what is going on in climate research with
your fellow students down the hall or across campus. Plus, it you are
interested in presenting, it's a great chance to show off some of your own
research and receive feedback on your work. Presentations should be geared
toward a general scientific audience (of graduate students) with ample
background information so everyone can follow. As always, beverages will be
provided for a minimal donation.

> If you have not attended the GSS before, we encourage you to attend. It

is a great way to meet other students and get involved in the PCC.